- Classes usually last about 60 minutes, including an 8-10 minute warm-up and 5 minute cool-down.
- Instructors are trained to work with all levels of fitness and dance, so everyone will be able to find a level that is comfortable for them.
- Check with your doctor before commencing any exercise program and most importantly, always exercise at your own pace.
- QCDO has a "Jam Crew", loyal participants that come to class on a regular basis. They are typically identified at the beginning of each class and many can be spotted wearing shirts with the "Jam Crew" logo. Feel free to reach out to them if you have any questions or if you just want to chat with someone while you wait for class to start. They will make you feel right at home.
- While each class has a "Sign Up" button next to it on the schedule, it is not required to "sign up" for any particular class before attending. Our public classes are all ongoing and you can join at any time.
- We strongly recommend that you redeem your free class online prior to attending class by creating an account and "purchasing" the First Class FREE from our store. Click here to get started.
- While we can accept payment in class, we encourage participants to buy their class passes online prior to attending class. In class, we prefer payment via credit or debit card; however, we can accomodate other forms of payment including checks or cash.
What to Bring/Wear
- We recommend wearing comfortable clothes and light, flexible shoes with rubber soles.
- Bring your own water bottle. We recommend at least 16 oz. or more.
- A towel is recommended since the goal is to make you sweat.
- If you are attending Jamstrong, you will need to bring a sticky mat to be able to fully participate.
- If you are attending Zumba Toning or Dance. Burn. Repeat., you will want to bring 1-2 lb weights to be able to fully reap benefits.
- Bring a credit card or check in case you want/need to make a purchase in class.
- Please note, we do not recommend using hand or ankle weights during our classes unless the class is designed for such use. Doing so puts you at a greater risk of overuse injury as the types of moves we do in cardio classes are not meant to be done as weight-bearing.
- At most locations, non-participating children may sit quietly while you dance but they must be supervised at all times. For the safety of all participants, please do not bring children to class who are too young or otherwise unable to follow these guidelines. There are certain locations that do not allow children in the exercise area, but do provide childcare for a nominal fee. If you have questions about bringing children to class, please contact us prior to coming to class.
- To respect the privacy of our participants, we kindly request that you do not bring friends/family members to watch class. If you have friends/family who want to see what class is about, please invite them to participate in the class with us. Alternatively, they are welcome to wait for you in another area.
- For a more detailed look at our policies regarding class pass purchases, please click here.