Queen City DanceOut is currently looking for energetic, fun, vibrant individuals who are ready to inspire others to fitness through dance.
We take great pride in providing our instructors with rigorous and comprehensive training so that they can provide the best dance-inspired group fitness classes possible, and also be able to lead classes in the specific QCDO style. Whether you are a complete novice or a seasoned group fitness instructor, the training program offers something for everyone. After the completion of the QCDO training, you will feel confident and ready to take on a QCDO class of your own.
Steps to becoming an instructor
- Attend class on regular basis.
- Participate as an active and enthusiastic Jam Crew member.
- Look into getting a national group exercise certification and any necessary specialty certifications (e.g. Zumba, Yoga, Kickboxing).
- Possess the necessary qualifications to enable you to become a successful dance-fitness instructor.
- Complete the Instructor Training Program application online
If chosen as an instructor trainee, you will participate in a 1-3 month training program which includes:
- Instructor Training Manual
- Make it a Party Instructor Workshop (3.75 AFAA credits)
- Unlimited QCDO classes
- 4 Two-hour Instructor Skills & Choreography sessions
- Rigorous training with Head Trainers & mentoring from other current instructors